And there are always more of them than there is time.
Saturday was the best day—spent with friends, knitting and talking and shopping—I was a big spender and bought 7 (count them, Seven!) different tins –at 10 cents each! One or two will remain unchanged, the others will be spray painted and decorated, and go to work holding various things, from sugar to salt to pasta…
I’ve been collecting cans, and spray painting them for years—some get given away (filled with cookies or candy or other treats) some, get dented or corroded (salt is hard on tin cans) and thrown out.. (I blogged about this—some time in the past (but can’t find the post!) Its something I do—intermittantly.)
I Finished (Even got buttons) February Lady--and finished the semi sleeve.
I am quite pleased with the semi sleeve—it’s just enough to cover my fore arm.
(actually, I would have made them an inch or two longer, but… I used all but 15 inches of yarn!)
I started at the wrist, using the hand painted yarn of the yoke for the cast on, (and used the same cast on as the February Lady—Judy’s Magic Cast on, done in a reverse stocking knit. Then a row of beading, then the lace.
I didn’t use the same gull lace --which, think about it, is worked upside down (from the top to the bottom) but a similar one, --worked from the bottom (cuff) to the top (elbow) I also added columns of purls between the lace pattern to make it a bit snug at the top—(to keep the semi sleeve on). I ended with a few rounds of garter.
Here is the pattern I used:
R1: K2tog, Yo, K3, YO, SSK, P1
R3: K2, YO, K3 together (raised center decrease), YO, K2, P1
(alternate rows: Knit 7, P1)–
(remember, this pattern is worked in the round--.if you want to work flat, it would be K1, P7)!
I haven’t finished (not even the foot!) of my pastel red socks—but I am back on track. One day last week, I had managed to pull the needle out of 15 to 20 stitches on one sock, and twisted stitches took this as an opportunity to untwist and unravel—And since every row is twisted, frogging was out of the question.. (an since I was working 2 socks on Magic loop, tinking was no fun either!)
But all is resolved, all the stitches are back on the needles, all dropped stitches have been worked up, and a half dozen rounds have been completed.