Wednesday, November 07, 2007

100°? 110°? Well more than 90!

And more still since the photo was taken..

It's beginning to look like a collar, --and will be worn sort of like a wrap around collar..

I think I am up to at least 140° now.

I figure a clock is 360°, and from 9 to 3
(or 3 to 9 if you insist on traveling clockwise!) is 180°

But my knitting is laid out counter clockwise, so I'll proceed to go backwards.. (not that this will surprize any one who knows me!)

9 to 6 is a right angle (90°) and that can be -divided into 3 parts (9 to 8, 8 to 7, and 7 to 6)

So 'each hour' equals about 30°.... I have knit from 9 to 6 and past 5, but not to 4--

9 o'clock to 6 o'clock is 90°, to 5 o'clock is another 30°, (120°!) to 4 o'clock, 150°--but.. I am not at 4 o'clock yet.. but I am closer to it now than I was when I took the photo! I hope to be to 3 o'clock before the night is out!..

I am looking forward to see how the strip will change the rows of knitting get longer.. I think there will be, because of the short row, some stripping, right up to the end.

Then I'll continue round to till I've made a complete counter clock wise revolution --9 to 3 is the front, and 3 to 12, and back to 9 will be the back.. then again from 9 to 3 for the overlap--or rather the underlap! The start (and narrow end) will be on top... the wide end will be underneath.

3 comments:

errs said...

That's really cool looking. How wide is?

Angie said...

Wow, you kind of lost me, but it looks very pretty! :)

sjmercure said...

OOH! I can't wait to see the rest of this one. Looks great so far!