Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Drum roll please!

The time has come to announce the winners of my blog sweepstakes.
First some details on how the winner(s) were selected.

I used a double randomized process.
Each comment, as it was made was mail to me, and stored in a folder (70 comments in all!) My mail automatically kept a count.

First I used a random number generator and assigned each entry a random number. Then I got a new set of random numbers and the first two numbers in that set became the winners. (an alternate has also been selected)

The first winner, (with first choice of prize) is Nicole.
The second prize winner is Rachel.

Right after this, I'll be posting notices on Knitters Review, Knitty's Coffee Shop, Lime and Violet, and I will be posting comments on the winners blogs to contact me.

There is a gmail link on my About page--Please send me your snail mail addresses, and Nicole, let me know which prize you'd like to receive. Rachel, you'll receive the other.

I want to thank everyone who has stopped by --many of you didn't comment, but I hope you will continue to come by every once in a while--and comment, (with no prize as incentive!) Likewise, many of your blog's have been visited and bookmarked by me for future visit!)

I wasn't sure if blogging was for me when I started a year ago, and now I wonder—What took me so long to get started? My childhood dreams of being a famous writer, (while also being a doctor, and science researcher, will living in splendid isolation on a mountain top, ) have morphed into being a not so famous blogger.

And that's OK!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Congratulations on a year of blogging, Helen. I enjoy your blog; I hope you'll keep it up for many years to come!

Tsarina of Tsocks said...

Congratulations on your Blogging 'Versary! Long may you wave. Or weave. Or knit. Or all of the above.

Karen said...

What? I didn't win? :)

Happy bloggiversary Helen!