Sunday, August 05, 2007

A Blog Birthday Sweepstakes

I know everyone has blog contest... and usually at some milestone like 100 posting. But then I am not everyone, or usual!

A sweepstakes? Yes, a sweepstakes. All you have to do to win is enter.

This sweepstakes is limited to the North American continent, (primarily US and Canada, but Mexico too, if I have any readers there)

Read a post (any post!) and post a comment to enter. That's it. It would be nice if the comment was meaningful, but “I want to enter the sweepstakes” works, too.

Since blogger mails me copies of comments as they are made, it will be easy for me to know which comments are new (even if you made them on older posts.)

One commenter will be randomly selected to win....

This Knit Kit –that includes this project bag, (about 12 long, and and 20 inches around--5 inches high X 5 inches wide). That's 30cm long and 50 cm around (12.5 cm high, and 12.5 cm wide) for Canadian readers

It is fully lined, and has an small handle on top and small interior loop to hook something on(What? That's for you to decide!), with an extra wide 18 inch opening—making it easy to store yarn, a pattern work sheet, and work in progress. And what the use of a project bag empty?

Well-- it won't be empty! It will come packed with a some yarn (a skein of Great Adirondack Yarn), some needles (Clover) some beaded stitch markers, and a small zippered notions bag, (matching naturally!)

Or if they prefer,

This Fiber Art Are My Bag. Packed in this fully reversible drawstring project bag, (suitable for socks and other small projects) are a Felting Needle tool, and basic felting instruction, and some clean, white fleece. It also includes a small drop spindle, and a drop spindle key ring ornament. The needle felting kit consists of 612 No. 36 felting needles, and a 2 piece felting needle holder holder. (A scrap of waste foam for felting will also find its way in, too.) Links to on line tutorials for using a drop spindle will be emailed, too.

A second lucky commenter will receive which ever prize was not selected by the first winner.

The winner will be selected by random number on 8/13/17, (the 1st anniversary of this blog) and announced. If you don't have a blogger account, be sure to check back (if you do have a blogger account, I'll post a comment on your blog, if possible.)

41 comments:

bluecanary said...

Whoo hoo! Knittyheads love Oftroy!!! Congratulations on a year of blogging....

Bluecanary

Sandykins57 said...

Oh, oh, oh, even though I live in Sweden, I have a mailing adress in the USA. Is that allowed??

In any case, I love reading your blog. You give such helpful information. I've even started double knitting, with your encouragement! Thanks!

ambermoggie said...

well even if I can't win:( I will still continue to read your blog
amber in england

Nikkiana said...

Happy bloggiversary!

z's momma said...

Happy Bloggiversary! (or however that's spelled).

I'm off to read more of your posts. thanks for running the contest.

allergicmom said...

Wow, not only some fabulous free patterns and knitting tips, but a contest, too? Thanks, and happy blogiversary!

Karen said...

Congrats on almost a full year of blogging!

Batty said...

Happy (early?) Blogiversary!

Calling on Kahlo said...

Happy bloggiversary!

Rachel said...

Just popped over to read and saw the contest. I hope to be able to have my blog still actively updated in a year (I just started a few months back). Great job!

Naptimeknits (Rachel(

errs said...

Congratulations on your milestone! And great prizes for your sweepstakes! I love your tutorials and interesting tidbits you post.

Rachel said...

Happy Blogiversary!!
(testarossa from Knittyboard)

Sandra said...

Congrats on the bloggiversary!

Heres to many many more :)

Sarah said...

Holy crap you are generous! Awesome! :D Keep up the blogging!

Helaine said...

This is a cool idea and I love the prizes. Can I add you to my blog list too?

Helaine
Beadsnfibers also MissHelaineous creations

Miranda said...

Happy blogging! your contest generosity is pretty amazing too!

Jo said...

Happy Bloga-versry. I didn't know people did sweepstakes. Found you under a search for needle felting, so congrats!
Ahem, please enter me for the drawing...

My Darn Yarn said...

Happy bloggiversary!
Looking forward to the contest.

Chelsea said...

I always think it is so generous when bloggers give away stuff to people they don't even know. thanks for holding a sweepstakes! Here's an early Happy Blogiversary to you!

Laura said...

Congratulations on your first year of blogging! You make it look so easy :)

Angela said...

Congrats on your birthday! I read your blog regularly and try to leave comments when I can. I seem to be having a problem lately though. See you soon and I love the blue socks you made!

Helen K said...

What a wonderful idea!
I particularly like the idea of including comments to older posts (so that if this one doesn't inspire actual comments, we've a chance to find one that does). I keep hoping to rev up a good contest/sweepstakes thing on my own blog, but this is the best I've seen so far.
(and the prize ---- OOOOH).
Oh, and happy blogiversary!

ikkinlala said...

Congratulations on the blog birthday!

Donna said...

happy blogiversary!

Pseudoscorpion said...

Happy blog b-day. Thanks for holding the sweepstakes, too -- you're so sweet! Hope your back is better.

QueenMeadow said...

I have been lurking for quite some time. I always enjoy your posts and plan on using some of your tutorials in the near future.

Happy blogversary and I hope you continue for years to come :)

knitnerd said...

When are you coming to Manhattan? I have some more of that yarn for the Tsock Tsarina.

psammeadred said...

Happy Blogiversary! May your future posts include many more lovely finished objects and no more slippery water puddles!

phlame said...

Thanks for holding a sweepstakes, and Happy Anniversary. It was fun reading your blog....I'm going back now and read some more.

Jessica said...

Happy Blogiversary!! Those prizes look great. You really put some thought into them. :) Now off to read more of your blog! :D

Charmy said...

Happy Blog Birfday!

I loved your series of posts on double knitting, I pretty much learned how to do it directly from what you wrote.

Knitsergirl said...

Congrats OfTroy! Love your blog, I stop by regularly because I never know when you'll have a gem of a treat that fits just what I'm needing - like all of your cast-ons, wow! Rock on!

Babs said...

Both prizes look lovely. I suffer from an acute lack of stash. I have some left overs from a project, so anything remotely yarny is seized upon. Grrr.

MissCritta said...

Happy Blog Birthday!!!!! Pretty stuff!

Kate Carson said...

Congrats on your 1 yr. ALthough I read I have NEVER commented before, LOL. Must admit you brought me out of the woodwork w/the sweepstakes thing LOL. COngrats again and good luck on another yr of blogging! And teaching me and many others new things!

Lyndsey-Jane said...

Congrats on a year of blogging! Great prizes, and very generous.

Artsygal said...

happy blogiversary! Or should that be Hippo birdie Two Ewes to your blog? ;)

J

Lauren said...

Oh what a nifty idea for a sweepstakes!

Nichole D. said...

Happy Blogiversary!!

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

Thank you Helen! And happy blogiversary!

I've always enjoyed reading your blog posts since I first found you on Craftster.