Tuesday, May 29, 2007

100th post? Could it be? It is!

Last week, the Tsarina of Tsocks made a post about her 100th post, and it made me stop and think--and check now many post I have made. Normally, I am not very good at marking milestones of this sort.

96 or so at that point, and this now is the 100th.
I don't think I would have noticed except for her post acting as a reminder. It's taken me longer to get to 100 post then it did her.. but then I don't think of this as race.
I am happy in general with my blog. It suits my needs. I can brag, Ican share, I can teach.

I like getting comments, but I don't feel sad when post doesn't have even a single one. I am happy in general that any one read my blog at all!
(and I can only guess that visitors who spend 10 or more minutes, and visit 3 or more pages are reading, and not just clicking on my blog and walking away from the computer!) I am thrilled that readers subscribe, that other blogger's have linked to my blog. Thank you all!

(One of my childhood dreams was to be a writer.. it's nice to have it come true, even if just in a small way!--and I hope to make it come true in a bigger way!)

Meanwhile..........
Earlier this month, I had a birthday. (Once again, I celebrated my 47th birthday!) I celebrated on the day with friends, and later in the week, again with more friends.
Here's some of the nicer presents..
Books –(I love getting books as presents)

One from my Son and DIL , one, a present to myself-(thank you Karen Sharp for the loan of your B&N discount card! (a bonus present that made my $25 gift card go further!)
An other new book, and an older one (but new to me) from my daughter.
A swift! (could you believe it? All these years knitting, and I've never owned a swift till now!)
I already have a winder, so now a set!

Yarn: Not just any yarn, but lace weight cashmere! (there are special blessing in having a DIL who also knits!)

Thank you Family, (Son/DIL, and DD) thank you friends, (Jill and Lisa and others)

5 comments:

Tsarina of Tsocks said...

Mazel tov, and happy century!

(And you're very welcome....)

Sonya said...

Congratulations on your hundredth it's a blessing having a mother in law that knits and blogs!

sulu-design said...

Happy birthday and happy 100th! I hope to see you one of these days so I can say it again in person...

www.knittingnutter.com said...

Happy birthday and happy blogiversary, all at once. Nice books, none of which I have yet - so some more to add to my long list...

Lynne said...

Congratulations all the way around!